SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging so you can stay connected to family, friends and colleagues whenever you’re outside of cellular range, including direct communication with Search & Rescue services in case of a life-threatening emergency. SPOT X even provides you with your own Canada-based personal mobile number so others can message you directly from their cell phone or other SMS devices at any time.
- Message: Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from beyond cellular coverage.
- Tracking: Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
- Compass: Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
- O.S. : Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- Post to Social: Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
- Check In: Quickly and easily let everyone know you’re OK.
This device has all the functionality you need, at a price that you’ll love. This unit is an instant addition to your outdoor pack, whether when working or playing in remote locations!
- Illuminated QWERTY Keyboard
- 240 hours, or 10 days of battery life on 10 minute tracking mode
- Alerts to search and rescue center
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Impact, dust resistant and waterproof
- 7” Backlit display
- Personal Mobile Number