This week, we will take one step further in achieving signal in remote locations. Boosters and the Huawei Smart Hub work together to make the most of what signal is available. The Smart Hub can be set up in the same location as the booster, thereby receiving the strongest signal while allowing for maximum range.
Never heard of a Smart Hub? It is essentially a router for data signal. Simply plug the Smart Hub into a power source, connect to the Telus 4G network, and you have high speed internet for up to 32 devices. The Smart Hub is also telephone line compatible, acting as a portable home phone.
The Smart Hub requires its own Telus plan and SIM card. The SIM card is a onetime purchase concurrent with the Smart Hub. The plan options vary with costs relative to your particular needs. The benefit of these requirements is you can take your number and your data plan with you.
Telus notes the Smart Hub as ideal for those who:
- Live outside the range of ADSL or cable broadband access and want High Speed Internet;
- Have a cottage or cabin and want High Speed Internet and home phone service services seasonally;
- Frequent movers, renters and students who want to keep their home phone number and get online the same day they move in;
- Want to quickly and easily setup connectivity without installation costs. Simply plug the device into an AC power source to get connected wherever there is TELUS 4G coverage;
- Need to share data and provide connectivity to multiple users at a single location. You can connect up to 32 users via Wi-Fi with the latest Wi-Fi technology (802.11n).
A further benefit of the Smart Hub is the support Telus provides for this product. The Telus site offers guidance on installation, resetting and updating your Smart Hub. While this device is very simple to set up, outlined instructions take the guess work out of installation.
At Walco, we know how frustrating it can be struggling for signal. We have many customers who use this product concurrently with a booster to much success. We would be happy to help you establish if this product is right for you, and set you up with the right plan for your needs.