The inReach Explorer is the world’s first two-way satellite communicator with built-in navigation. Plan routes and waypoints ahead of time using the Explore web app, get weather forecasts delivered straight to your device and navigate with confidence. The inReach Explorer includes a built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer sensors that provide heading and bearing info, accurate elevation readings, speed, and more.
You can share your planned route, actual tracks or waypoints with others, and inReach Explorer is rugged, waterproof and ready for anything you are!
- Dimensions: H 114 mm (148 mm including antenna); W 63 mm; D 26 mm (34 mm including belt clip)
- Weight: 190 g (with internal lithium polymer battery)
- Water rating: IP67 (tested for submersion at 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Rugged, dustproof and impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock; IP67 for dust)
- GPS accuracy +/- 5 meters
- Virtual keyboard with predictive text for two-way messaging
- Digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Odometer displays trip stats in-field (e.g. trip time, max speed, moving ave.speed, distance)
- LED and audible ‘chirp’ alerts for: new message received, power on/off, and more
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Battery charging temperature: 0°C to 45°C
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- Battery life: 100 hours (sending one track point every 10 minutes with a clear view to the sky)
- Recharge via a standard standard micro-USB cable with a wall, car or solar charger, or a powered RAM mount
- Note: For optimal battery life devices should be stored between 0°C to 30°C at a charge level of 40-60%
- Made for iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad air, iPad mini with retina display, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th, and 5th generation). Android 2.2 or later.
Check out the brochure!