The information we collect falls into three categories: (1) information we collect from you; (2) information we collect when you use our Services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU. We collect information about you whenever you use our Services. Examples of using our Services include visiting or making purchases at our stores or websites or creating an Walco account.
The information you give us may include your first and/or last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, date of birth, gender, other demographic information and any other information you provide us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES. When you use our Services, we may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them. We do this to ensure that we are offering you the best products and services in a secure environment, and as part of our efforts to constantly improve your experience. In this process, we may collect and use your personal information relating to your purchasing trends at Walco, in-store camera information, technical details about your browser and mobile device use and location (e.g., whether you are using a tablet or smartphone to visit our websites), and your viewing and usage trends in order to analyze and offer you customized advertising, products and services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES. We also collect information that is publicly available, to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, and accounts;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms;
- to send you customized promotions and special offers, including through email and social media platforms;
- to inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- to maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer by using tracking technologies such as cookies;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- Lawful Requirements – We may disclose your information if the disclosure is required by law, the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Walco, our customers or our partners.
- Marketing – We may share your information with service providers to provide you with customized promotions and special offers. This can include sharing your information with social media platforms in order to develop customized advertising that offers you unique products and services. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our websites and services with other companies.
- Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- Non-identifiable – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- Social Media – If you post information on one of our social media platforms or websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors, including your post information and your user name.
- Business Deals – If we become involved with a transaction involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, telephone calls, and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for an Walco account, when contacting our customer service team by phone, requesting a change when you visit one of our stores.
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing or writing to us at the addresses provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to access and correct information we hold about you. Any such access request must be in writing and provided to us at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Any such access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, where permitted by applicable law.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you want to cancel or delete your account, you may do so in writing at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, such as product returns or warranties. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Walco makes reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information you provide is maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, Walco cannot warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or from our on-line services, and you do so at your own risk.
Walco has implemented and maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures, procedures and practices to protect against the loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal information while it is in our custody or under our control. For example, we use firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring.
We also limit access to your personal information to those employees, contractors and agents who have a business need to know.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
USE BY MINORS
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not use our Services, and if you are over the age of thirteen (13) but under the age of majority in the province in which you reside, you should use our Services with the involvement and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Websites that are owned by Walco may contain links to other third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Walco neither owns nor controls these third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for the information practices of those websites. You should inform yourself with the privacy policies (if any) of those third-party websites.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You may use this form to ask Walco a privacy question or correct personal information found in your Walco account, mobile application, or another Walco-owned digital property. You can contact our Privacy Officer in writing at Walco Radio & Electronics Ltd., 707 Sarcee St. East, Kamloops BC, V2H 1E6 or to email@example.com.